Whether it's care at the bedside or in the boardroom teamwork is a term we use a lot in health care these days. Teamwork is essential to executing an effective plan of care for an individual patient. It is essential to executing a successful process improvement effort in a department. And, teamwork is essential to executing an effective clinical strategy across an organization like HCA.
Leading the Way
This is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA!
HCA's corporate nursing team is aligned to support the work of nursing services in every HCA facility. The team is comprised of experienced leaders who manage company-wide initiatives to improve nursing excellence.
This nursing leadership team is actively engaged to provide a nursing voice and perspective in corporate decisions and initiatives. Here at HCA, we believe excellent nursing care is a key strategy for our entire organization. Our aim is to be known to patients, families and physicians alike as a family of facilities that provide exemplary care and deliver excellent outcomes.
Vision: Nursing is the Differentiator for HCA
The 2015 Nursing Agenda:
- Nursing Strategic Plan
- Establish framework for guiding Nursing Operations as a distributed function within HCA
- Define performance metrics
- Nursing Leadership Support
- Increase the depth and breadth of talent pool and pipeline
- Provide support for development and role performance
- Develop interim leadership solutions
- Nursing Practice Support
- Medical-Surgical Nursing Initiative
- Professional practice councils
- Recognize, celebrate and reward excellence in nursing